Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sean Huze's "The Sandstorm"


Sean Huze the author of The Sandstorm, which entails stories from men in the Iraq war. These stories are deep and sad but true. I am on onlooker and when I think about the men serving my country I don’t think about the stories they tell. The men that are lost and the danger they face is forgotten. Men out there that have families just like me and futures ahead of them like me, are risking their lives for me.
These soldiers are in Iraq not only to protect the country but they protect the people in Iraq too. I enjoyed the story where the people of Iraq were grateful and cared for them by helping them out too. There are citizens here who think that the Iraqi people are vicious and don’t care about what the soldiers are doing to protect them but no ones knows until they experience it themselves.
I can’t ever say I’m brave because I’m not. There are soldiers in Iraq that are just as young as me and they left their families to help the country. Soldiers deserve the respect they are given because they go to dangerous countries like Iraq and knowingly risk their lives. They risk their psychological health knowing that they will see things only a soldier will. I have never put myself in that position and I know I couldn’t. Some soldiers go to war knowing they can’t either but they do because they protect America. I have a close friend who is engaged to a Navy soldier who is on a ship near Korea. They haven’t physical been near each other for over a year. He is a strong soldier because he is out there fighting for us and our freedom while we sit here living the lives they chose to abandon so we can live the lives they wanted. It’s a miracle every time he comes home from port. I believe all soldiers deserve the benefits they get because of what they leave behind and what they face. I sadly enough didn’t know about all the tragedy that was going on in our soldiers’ lives and what they faced. Sean Huze’s play opened my eyes and made me admire the soldiers in Iraq even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment