Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Annotated Bibliography

Career Cruising. “Coroner Job Description.”. Careercruising.com (2010). Web. April 7 2010.

This source discusses about what a Medical Examiner (Coroner) actually does. It has two interviews from different Coroner’s and interesting questions that will help me with my interview. This web information gave me a lot more information than I got from other cites. Coroners are much like Medical Examiners and they share the same role as a death investigator. This source was less about the educational process in order to be in the field it’s more of what to expect in the job. Career Cruising is a valid source because it’s protected and backed up with the Yavapai College Library Tab. It also has no advertisements and many references.


Education-portal.com. “Steps to Becoming a Medical Examiner in the U.S.”.
Educationportal.com (2010).Web. April 5 2010.

In this source, it discusses briefly about what Medical Examiners do as a job but mostly on how to become a Medical Examiner. It discusses all the degrees required in order to become a Medical Examiner. Becoming a Medical Examiner can’t really start off easily in community college and with an Associate’s Degree. People pursuing the career must start with a Bachelor’s Degree and go all the way up to a Master’s. All Medical Examiners are Licensed Physicians. The Education-portal.com gives many school references and recommendations for students who are interested in the field. I will be including this article in my essay because it focuses on the route to becoming a Medical Examiner and focuses on the pathway. I will be using a different source for details on the job description. I think this cite is legit because it shows videos and references and there aren’t many unrelated advertisements.



Lyle, D.P. (2004). Forensics for Dummies. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishing,inc.

This is a source that I have been reading out of for two years. It focuses on almost everything that needs to be asserted to because it’s literally a reference. Almost everything that needs to be known about forensics can come from this book. It has pictures, examples, and the author is an MD in Pathology. It’s a better version of a hard summary of forensics. Out of all my references this one is my favorite because I have had much more time to review and enjoy. This book is the book that taught me things that others don’t. I know this book is a good citation because it’s published and comes from the many series of popular Dummy books.

NYC Office of Chief Medical Examiner. “Forensic Information.”. www.nyc.gov.
(2010). Web. April 7 2010.

I thought this cite would go well with my paper because when people think about Medical Examiners they think about the crimes and all the psycho cool crimes are in New York City. This site has real life stories from Medical Examiners in New York City. I know that a Coroner from NYC has seen more gore and has to solve harder crimes than a Medical Examiner from Yavapai County. The interview questions are more advanced than the other sites I observed and reviewing the feedback from the chief medical Examiner is the true answer that everyone wants to hear. The have seen it all plus more. There can be no better answer than one from the Chief of Medical Examiners from New York City. I know that this website is a good source because it is supported by the government and there is no advertisements whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment