Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mid Session Check In

Mid Session Check In
1. The biggest challenge in this class so far for me is getting use to the idea that it’s an online class and not one where I have to go to a room certain days of the week. I find it harder for me to make my own time to put into this class. I’m better at learning in a classroom and for me to take my favorite subject and do it all online is hard for me and I’m finally getting the hang of online college.
2. The readings in the class at first didn’t excite me because I am a very picky reader but I enjoyed them much more than I thought. It was the analyzing that made me enjoy them more because I knew the purpose. It affected my opinion on things I never cared about before.
3. Literary analysis is different than the writings I have done in the past because it takes me longer to actually comprehend and compare the texts than just persuasive papers and comparing and contrasting. Literary analysis focuses more on the roots of what I’m reading than just comparing it with something else I have read, I actually enjoy literary analysis more than my past college writings.
4. My goals for the last part of this online class is to put more time into the work I do improve some of my writing. I want to get better at making organized pieces of writing and stop with my run on sentences. I also want to come out of this class with a lot more knowledge on literature because this is my last English class I will have to take. I would like to take skills I learned from this class and use them when I’m out of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment