Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thesis Blog

Thesis Blog Post

1. A is the weakest statement because it doesn’t help me understand what the rest of the essay entails and it is too blunt. I know the essay is going to be about The Origin of Species but what about and why are they writing about it is what I want to know.
2. A is the weakest because it’s not really specific and too generic. I’m not getting all the details I need out of that thesis in order to understand why I’m reading it.
3. B is the weakest thesis statement because it’s telling me something I’ve already heard before. The topic is too popular and the thesis is too general.
4. A is the weakest statement because it’s telling me something that is already obvious. I need to know more of why the play is what it is and why I’m reading about it.
5. A is the weakest statement because it goes too person and it’s coming from the authors opinion. It had the building blocks to becoming a good thesis until opinion was put into it.
6. My thesis will look somewhat like, “The time and place where O’Brien was raised clouded and stirred up his views and opinions on the war which to this day still impacts his life.” I’m still working on a better thesis. I think that with thesis’s I have to take more time on them than I do on my actual paper because the thesis is that important. I still have to make it arguable and specific and definitely support what I’m saying and stop going off my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment